This is the latest TV trail for BBC 6Music. I particularly like the simplicity of the idea – all of the stations’ key talent actually building a radio station out of radios – and supporting the branding line of “building a digital home for music”.
TV ads/trails for radio stations are incredibly hard to get right. Usually, it’s the simplest of ideas that work the best.
However, sometimes a simple idea doesn’t quite translate. Back when Capital FM rebranded first as Capital Radio and Capital 95.8, there was a TV ad that, whilst on paper looked great, in reality was a pretty hard watch. The idea was that Capital played music that made you want to nod along to it. The concept was great – that you’d see London from the viewpoint of someone listening to Capital on headphones – but ultimately, was maybe asking just a little too much of the viewer.
Luckily, these days, Capital FM ads just do what they say on the tin – and BOOM – they work just fine!
- Radio Reality (thecollegeradiozone.com)
- BBC’s Radioplayer Goes Live (wired.com)
- Radio 4 Extra: a revolution or recipe for more repeats?, review (telegraph.co.uk)
- the search for the new radio station is on! :p (marsheemarsh.wordpress.com)
- Radcliffe and Maconie make a big noise on 6 Music, review (telegraph.co.uk)
- Radioplayer Launches (gusbinnie.wordpress.com)
2 thoughts on “The Joy of 6 – new BBC 6 Music TV trail”
Does anyone know the tune that plays when the man with glasses is pushing the big speakers? Thank you